Monday, February 4, 2019

Christmasy fun

To be honest, I was not on my game this Christmas. I was still not feeling great and required a nap every day and I let a lot of things go. We didn't do most of the things we normally do at Christmas time, but you know what? It was totally great anyway! It was a good reminder for me to examine our traditions for future years and do the things that mean the most to us, then let the rest go if we need to.

I did make everyone match in Christmasy colors one Sunday and take a family picture. Definitely glad about that.





My mom made stockings for all the kids and grandkids this year (WOW)! It was a huge undertaking and I love them all so much. These are and will be such a treasure. And yes, she saved fabric to make one for the baby next year too haha.


This was the only picture I took of it, but it was the highlight of my Christmas personally. Tim's wife Lauren sings with the Houston Symphony and they performed The Messiah. I got to go (as Heidi and James's third wheel haha) and it was amazing! That music has always held a special place in my heart for some reason and it touched me so much that night. It was performed beautifully and I felt the Spirit so strongly. I'm very grateful for those wonderful words put to beautiful music that testify of our Savior.


No comments: