Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas-y stuff

We put up our tree just before Thanksgiving when we couldn’t say no to the kids any longer. They were SO excited. Harvey was gazing up at it one afternoon and said, “Mom, I think the tree is taller than me.” You think, buddy??


I had to hurry and put Hazel in the Christmas dress I bought when I was pregnant with her. It barely fit - this baby is growing up too fast! 


Millie requested a picture with her sister and what mom would ever say no to that?? Not this one, for sure.



Went ahead and made the boys get in one too. They were all dressed like it was Christmas Sunday because the Primary sang in church the first Sunday in December.



Max’s drawings melt me lately. He brought this home and said to me, “This is the best Santa I ever drew!” 


Millie made this sweet ornament.


Hazel learned to crawl and quickly discovered the Christmas tree! So we quickly had to make sure there were no ornaments within her reach.


We had a visit from my brother Jeff and his older kids (his wife Kerri and new baby couldn’t make it and we missed them!) and we had fun with cousins for a few days. One night we drove through the River Oaks area to see the beautiful lights. My favorite neighborhood at Christmas!





Hazel sure looked adorable in these overalls - they were actually her aunt Heidi’s when she was little! Harvey thought she looked cute too and couldn’t help but kiss her.




I listened to this book in the couple weeks leading up to Christmas and I loved it! Still a good read even if it’s not Christmas time so if you haven’t read it you should.


More fun with cousins - we did a little nature scavenger hunt in the courtyard at Grandma’s.



And dinner at Mia’s! It’s kind of our family’s favorite place. They’re building one really close to our house and we are super excited.



Sharon threw a fun puzzle exchange party! I’m not a puzzle genius but I sure enjoyed all of these ladies.


She also did a cute Christmas story time at our house for Harvey and his buddy Bronson.


Even Hazel was into it!


Gigi was so nice to watch Harvey and Hazel so I could go to the kids’ school Christmas parties. Max’s classroom was so dark so I didn’t get very many pictures, but at both parties they got to do a craft, decorate and eat a cookie, and play a game!







Gigi was so sweet to take us out to lunch to celebrate Christmas break! 


Monka and Umpa came over and took us out to dinner and we played games after. Max learned to play chess recently and had so much fun playing with Umpa.



No comments: