Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am going away today,

*This is not us. And I probably won't be holding a map. In fact, I may be blindfolded. And we don't have a convertible.

though I don't know where. My cute husband is surprising me with this little fact as we run away from here to celebrate our anniversary. Little does he know, I have a surprise of my own! But he doesn't get it until our actual anniversary-- which is Sunday. I probably won't tell you either, just in case! You'll see in a few days.

Life is so good. We went to the Wright's on Monday night for dinner, and it was great. I brought peanut butter bars, so between that and the yummy steak, salad, and potatoes, I may have gained 10 pounds from one meal. Luckily, we went to good ol' MVHS and played tennis to work it off! We were halfway through the second set when the lights went out... bummer. Tuesday Gretchen and Heidi came into town! We loved having them here. We went to the temple Tuesday night with the Wright crew and Aunt Sheila, and it was wonderful. I love being in the temple. We ate at Cafe Rio and had ice cream at Spoon It Up afterwards, which was also wonderful. I love food. Wednesday we spent the morning running last-minute errands with Heidi and eating a yummy lunch at Zupa's before dropping Heidi off at the MTC! She'll be serving in Independence, Missouri, and we are so dang excited for her. We will miss her terribly but she'll be an amazing missionary. And Visitor's Center tour guide, of course! I had to go back to work after we dropped her off, but only for 3 hours. Pretty nice. Tyler picked me up from work and we came home to no electricity! We sat there in romantic candlelight for about 2 hours, playing Catch Phrase, eating chips and salsa, and listening to the thunder and rain. I love storms. It started pouring in Provo right as we were going to see if there were any dry tennis courts down there, so we gave up and went with Adam and Aubrey to get food at Teriyaki Stix and Pita Pit. We played Catch Phrase with them for a while too, girls against guys. Aubrey and I definitely dominated! We had so much fun. I packed for our mystery trip and we watched Juno. Weird movie. Probably won't ever watch it again.

Well, there's an update from the last few days. I am almost finished with Catching Fire, the second Hunger Games book. READ THESE BOOKS! I love them!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Have a happy anniversary trip! Sounds exciting :)
All your posts make me miss orem/provo area...they have SO many really good food places within like a 15 mile radius, it's insane.