Kinda wishin' it would be finals week right now. This might be a looooong semester! But it'll be great. We officially got through the first week of classes! I ended up registering for another class (online) so now I have 17 credits. The extra class is physical science 100, and I'm going to the testing center next week to see if I can do well enough on the exemption exam to not have to take the class but still get credit! That'd be amazing. I had a job interview yesterday for what seems like the perfect job... pick me pick me! But I probably won't find out until next week sometime, so I'm still applying for other jobs in the meantime.
On Monday night we had Garrett, Mitchell, and Adam over. Everyone had just returned from home and we were glad to have them back! We played some Wii games, including one that G, M, and AJ gave us- Glee karaoke. It was seriously amazing. I have a very talented and entertaining new family! :) We had them over again on Wednesday night, this time including Abby, for Modern Family, brownies, and Perudo. I love that our closest friends also happen to be family! I think that's how it should be.
Tyler is a genius and came up with an awesome spreadsheet for documenting our goal-accomplishing this year! It's so satisfying checking off the little boxes he made each day. We've decided to reward ourselves at the end of the year if we accomplish all of our goals... pretty motivating! Haven't decided on a reward yet, so I just fantasize about stuff. Very effective. :) I'm keeping the system the same as last year, where I have a few goals for the whole year, but more goals set for just January. I just get too ambitious at the beginning of a year and set tons of goals that might sound great at the time, but as the year passes and schedules and motivations change, they're not always as practical as they could be. So, with that being said, I'm going to stick with my goal to make goals. :) But I have some good ones for January:
-The kitchen must be clean when I go to bed every night (holy cow. I love this goal. It makes me ultra-clean everywhere)
-Write one thank you card per week
-Find a job
-Practice the piano one hour per week
And a few others. I also want to be better about writing our missionaries this year. So there's lots to do! I have a feeling (nay, a hope) that this year will be a quick and a good one!
p.s. We're going to our first b-ball game of the season today. I love my brother-in-law, but that doesn't change my hope (or prediction??) that we stomp all over Air Force! :) GO COUGS
1 comment:
Good goals! I need to adopt the clean kitchen every night one. Good luck with your new semester!
Post a Comment