Monday, January 24, 2011

Pain, in all its varieties

There are two kinds of good pain, in my opinion: being sunburnt and being sore. I wish that the pain I'm feeling tonight was a sunburn, but I'll settle for being sore until the sun comes out. I went swimming tonight! First time I've swum (yes, a real word) laps since... well, too long for you to know. But it felt great. Tyler was my motivator, sitting on the benches behind my lane reading. I was nervous to swim. We have this home video of me swimming at the Scera in a club race when I was probably 11 or 12, and I kicked everyone's trash in both races Lindsay filmed. There's a clip right at the end of my scrawny undeveloped self waving my two 1st place ribbons in the air. I've got a long way to go to get back there. I mean, to the fast swimmer-self, not scrawny and undeveloped-self. :) I have a problem when I swim though... it's way too exciting! I get in and start swimming, and then feel this rush of happiness and coolness and athleticism, and then I go too fast and burn out by the time I've reached 200 meters! Not cool or happy or athletic. Pretty opposite, actually. So I stuck it out as long as I could, going embarrassingly slow until I at least hit the 30 minute mark and jumped out (and when I say jumped I mean crawled) before the girl sharing my lane could say, "Leaving so soon?" Embarrassing or no, it felt great to be in the pool again. I can't wait to get in better shape and last longer than 30 minutes.

Speaking of pain (this time not the good kind), my first round of tests is coming up. First test is this week, then three more next week, and two more the week after that! Add to that the fact that I have to work 11 hours on Saturday (auditions) and you have a fun-sucking weekend. Fun-sucker! Someone name that movie. Good thing I've got my motivator with me (see below). He is my best friend and keeps me laughing the whole way!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good luck with your tests this week! I love to swim too, but wow you sound so much better at it than me :) 30 min would kill me right now! Tell Tyler we say hello, hope you both are doing well!

Barbaloot said...

Freaky Friday:)