My alarm went off early this morning. Tyler had to be at work at 6:30 and my last final began at 7, so we both had multiple alarms set just in case. I stayed in bed for a few minutes going over the day in my mind- my last day of college! Then I went back to the first days and ran all the way through. So many good times!
My first semester began in April 2007. I left high school without walking at graduation and never really looked back! That first semester at BYU-I was quite an adventure. I ran myself ragged with school, dating, tennis, and working as a figure model for some art classes (I know, embarrassing). But Tiffany and I were roommates and just had way too much fun- junk food, getting extensions in our hair, etc. I also got to spend lots of time with Lindsay and Kenny and little Ty! Well, he was little back then.
I went home for the break, about 7 weeks. My body pretty much shut down and I spent most of the break recovering from mono! No fun. Fall 2007 Tiffany and I moved to a new apartment and had 4 new roomies- again, way too much fun. That was also a busy semester, and I loved every second of it! I worked for a telemarketing company, selling satellite. Hated the work, loved the people! My calling as FHE "Mom" was a blast and we had such a fun group. This post deserves so many more pictures of Tiffany and I- we had so many adventures! Sadly, most of those pictures are on my old computer, and I can't seem to find a good way to get them off. But seriously- Tiki was the reason my early college years were so great!!
![]() |
| Halloween 2007 |
![]() |
| Tennis team-- go Titans! |
![]() |
| Cheering on our FHE brothers |
![]() |
| Roomies Fall '07 |
Winter 2008 I was off-track and actually transferred down to BYU Provo. This was kind of a hard semester for me! I always had a weird fear of BYU growing up, like I wasn't good enough to go there or something. I remember calling my mom crying on the first day of classes, so lost and so overwhelmed. But despite being scared, being in a long-distance relationship, taking 16 credits, and working 35 hours/week for the same telemarketing company that had just opened a Provo office, it really was an awesome semester. I loved living with Michelle (we always talked about it growing up!) and we had a great ward.
![]() |
| With Jess and Michelle- we're all related! |
![]() |
| Not really sure... |
Summer semester 2008 I went back up to Idaho. This semester is a bit blurry in my mind! I took lots of credits, worked at the Sno-Shack (one of my favorite jobs ever, no joke!), got engaged, got un-engaged, played lots of tennis, and got extensions again (Tiffany deserves an honorary hair degree for all her work on me over our time together)! Oh college.
I went home again for the 7-week break, unsure of what my next move would be. Provo or Idaho? Enter Tyler!! He got home from his mission that June, and when I got back from Idaho in late July we began dating. I worked for my now father-in-law at his chiropractic office (again, one of my favorite jobs ever!) and had such a great summer. I decided to go back to Provo a few weeks before school started and am so glad I did!
![]() |
| Making jam with Saylor |
![]() |
| Tiffany taught me to longboard! |
![]() |
| Playing at Rigby Lake |
![]() |
| Roommate dinner |
| Tyler's first Blue Bell trip! |
| Pool with Botzy and AJ |
![]() |
| Beach trip! |
This is getting a bit lengthy... I'll save the rest for another day!











1 comment:
So I got teary eyed, Cam we have had some great times! You were a fantastic roommate and I am so glad that half of my college experience was with you! We had a great time, ate out way too much, learned a lot about school and life, and oh my did we have fun with hair! Ha I forgot how much we did to our hair! I will never forget my extensions and the reaction! THAT WAS BAD! Thanks for all the great times!
Post a Comment