Friday, December 22, 2017

Snow in Houston!

We got snow in Houston!! It was very exciting. It started while I was at a Relief Society Christmas party. I texted Tyler and told him to show the kids if they were still awake. It was hard to tell at first if it really was snowing, especially for us as we never see the stuff! But as the night went on it was sticking and I just couldn't sleep. I'd go look out the window every hour or so and just watch it pile up. It was magical!




The kids were SO excited to go out and play in it in the morning. I actually woke Millie up early because I knew she'd want to play before school. Luckily, Max was already awake. We bundled up and headed out to our temporary winter wonderland!



Tyler and the kids got right to work building a snowman.






Harvey touched the snow once and did not like it, so he was happy to sit on my hip as I took pictures and videos. Maybe a little too many pictures and videos to someone who sees this all the time, but it was a big deal for us!



Millie decided the snowman was actually a snowgirl and her name was Zoe. The buttons we had for the mouth weren't sticking, so a mr. potato head mouth came to the rescue.





As the day wore on, Zoe melted. It kind of looked like she was sunbathing for a while as her head rolled back.


All the snow fun wore Max out and he fell asleep in the car around 11am!


 It was a morning to remember for sure! Now we're back to our regularly scheduled warmth. I have to say, part of what made it so fun and happy for me was knowing that it wasn't going to stick around! I definitely prefer not having to deal with snow all the time!

No comments: