Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And so it begins...

Real life, that is. Home from the honeymoon, back to reality. Tyler and I have been having so much fun setting up our apartment! It's like playing house, only for real. The only frustrating part has been the job hunt. I think I've sent my resume to about 100 different jobs, and I've interviewed with 3 companies in the last few days. No word back yet from anyone, but hopefully soon. Yesterday I did a group interview... weird? Yes, it was. I felt like everyone was trying to one-up me! I'm not holding my breath for any of these... still sending my resume to everyone.


This last weekend, we drove to Eagle, ID for Tiffany and Tyler's wedding. We had so much fun! Thanks to Uncle Kelly and Aunt Launette for letting us stay with them during all the wedding craziness. It was so fun to see everybody, and so fun to finally meet Nicole's sweet baby Brynlee. Tiffany and Tyler are such a cute couple and we're so happy for them! It was so fun to be at the sealing and to remember our day and the covenants we made. Thanks to Tiki and Tyler for letting us be a part of their special day!


Sunday we went down to Spring City to visit my grandparents and to pick up all of the stuff I had them keep for me over the summer. Yay for having all of my clothes back! :) It was so fun to visit with them for a while. After Spring City, we went to Aunt Dana's for dinner. I love getting to know Tyler's family! I seriously got an ab workout from laughing so hard, and I feel so at home with all of them. We had a great day full of family.

Tyler started working for the BYU Grounds crew on Monday, so he's becoming quite the gardener. I've been dropping him off at 8 and picking him up at 12. Hopefully he'll be able to find a job more conducive to his major and his schedule. He is amazing-- he works so hard and always wants to help out around the apartment. I don't know if he understands how much fun it is for me to cook and clean for him! We are having so much fun just being together.

One more thing-- I chopped my hair! I went in to the salon I used to go to when I was 12 and 13 and cut most of my hair off. The woman who cut it sent it in to Locks of Love for me, so h0pefully they'll be able to use it. I'll put a picture up soon! I was afraid Tyler wouldn't like it, but he loves it. At least, that's what he says! Hopefully he really does. :) It's slightly past my chin, and she had to layer it tons because I have so much hair.

Seriously-- pictures to come! Patience!

No comments: