Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Be still, and know that I am God"



I had a thought yesterday that has been on my mind ever since. I think I need to share it. :) Tons of snow fell on Orem on Friday night, which meant at 3:00 Saturday morning, Tyler was called in to shovel snow at work. Which also meant I had to take him to campus (we never know how long he'll be shovelling, and I had to go in to work that morning). Luckily, the roads were pretty clear. The moon was reflecting off of the snow and it was so bright outside-- so beautiful. I dropped Tyler off, and once my frustration with snow (really my having to be awake) wore off, I looked around. Everything was white and it was breathtaking. I couldn't help but think of all the beautiful things Heavenly Father has given us. Then I looked at the trees. They were all so heavy with snow, each branch weighed down by a fresh 4 inches of wet white. I got to thinking about how if the wind had been blowing and a branch had moved, it may have missed a flake or two, or even knocked all of the snow off that had fallen onto it. Then I started to think about all of the things I miss that could make my soul and my testimony more beautiful, because of my constant busyness and movement. If I would be more still, think of the things I could learn and gain. It's all there for me, if only I can be still.

1 comment:

Ben and Charlotte said...

What a beautiful thought. I'm glad you shared it.