Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Goodbye beebies {and other transitions}

Millie is going through lots of changes lately. In preparation for baby boy to come, we moved her out of her crib and onto a big girl bed (aka twin sized mattress on the floor). She did really well with the transition! 

First nap in her big girl bed
The other big change was just over a week ago, when she threw her binky ("beebies") in the trash! I wasn't expecting to do it that day, but I was talking to her about it- how babies have beebies and big girls don't need them, and how pretty soon we're going to have to throw it away. She said, "Okay!" and waltzed over to the trash can and tossed it in. Of course, it wasn't so dandy when naptime/bedtime came, but she has done much better than I expected. Of course. I should just know by now that she's just amazing and will always surprise me! She cries for it a bit sometimes, but has had two times that she hasn't asked for it at all. I'm so proud of her.

About to toss the beebies
Finally fell asleep after 1.5 hours of protest/crying that first day
Next up is potty training. It's my biggest fear as far as parenting young kids goes, so I'm not ready just yet! I'm thinking maybe in the summer, after baby boy is here. Millie is awesome and I'm so thankful that she is such a good girl!

1 comment:

Sami and Ben Van Noy said...

we are dreading getting rid of the binky. We tried it one night and he cried for 40 minutes, and was silent the rest of the night. We were like- great! Then we found puke in his bed the next day. Poor guy cried so hard he threw up! But maybe it was because he was sick too. Who knows.