Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

25

I've decided that I really like having my birthday on New Year's Day. It feels great to have a double-fresh start, a new year and a new age! I'm not sure if I am big into goals because of when my birthday is or if it's just a nice coincidence, but it works for me either way.

We spent New Year's Eve at the Morris family's NYE party- both of our families were there and it was a fun party. Minute to Win It games, yummy food, and good friends to catch up with! Millie made it through the whole party without falling asleep... she's such a party animal. I felt awful later though because I neglected to bring a single diaper with me, which meant she went about 7 hours in the same one! Mom of the year over here. We got home around 1ish, thankfully in one piece despite the crazy driving we witnessed. My parents and Sarah came and stayed with us that night.
Tyler playing "junk in the trunk"

Despite her indifferent expression, she was insistent that she try on every hat and that her picture be taken!
Millie paid us back for keeping her up so late by waking up early. Tyler played football with some friends and family while my parents and Sarah took Millie and I out for breakfast and then birthday shopping at Target. Say what you want about Denny's, but their french toast that day was really some of the best I've ever had!

This is why I don't like sleeping with her
Picture stolen from Janet 

When we got back from breakfast/shopping my parents helped us re-arrange some furniture. We now have an official playroom and an official nursery for baby boy, and Millie is officially sleeping in a big girl bed! She was so tired from the night before that she was glad to sleep anywhere that afternoon and had no issue with not being in the crib. Thanks to Mom for helping me do those things that I'd been wanting to do forever but just never got around to. It was a great way to start off the year. They left around noon and Tyler, Millie, and I each took a nap. I couldn't believe Millie wasn't in her crib!


We ate dinner with the Juergens crew, and they spoiled me with even more gifts. They were so sweet to watch Millie while Tyler and I went to see Catching Fire! What a great movie. I loved being with just Tyler for a little while. We came back to brownies and ice cream (my favorite).

25 isn't looking shabby at all with an awesome start like that! Thanks to everyone for making it a great day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That pic of Millie sleeping with Tyler is hilarious

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! Want to celebrate again? I feel like I missed out. :)