Monday, October 5, 2015

Projects

Tyler has been out of town for over a week (not counting the 16 hours he was home last Sunday), so I've been tackling a few projects while he is gone. 


First up, re-caulking the shower. So gross.



Working on the Weston's Christmas blanket. I love the colors! I'm just over halfway done, which is pretty exciting.



Gretchen shared this book with me and I really really loved it! Read this if you haven't! Such a sad and sweet story. I was ugly crying at parts.


Millie's Halloween costume is done! My mom made the "cloak" as Millie calls it and I made a circle skirt to wear under. Next up is Max's big bad wolf costume!



One of my goals for this year was to get our 72-hr kits finally finished and up to date. I've known exactly what we needed for a long time but I've never just gotten it done. I ordered a bunch of stuff online and made a big mess in my room for a few nights getting it all organized. Cost be darned, it's finally finished! Millie prayed a couple times that we would have a big storm so we could use our "emergency kits." I am not praying for that, but I am relieved they are ready just in case.



I've been doing a little shopping and found this adorable dress at Old Navy that I think every person should own. It hits below the knee, it doesn't need any camisole underneath or sweater over, and it's super comfortable! Score!

2 comments:

Marissa Anderson said...

This blog post made me smile! Thanks for blogging bc I LOVE reading it!! Also i was super impressed by the shower project!

Samantha Van Noy said...

Cuuute dress! I love old navy so much. And I have that book! Just haven't read it yet.