Sunday, December 6, 2009

Death

That is what happened to me yesterday-- I died. Now, this is really going to expose how out of shape I am, but I guess I can't really hide it anyway. If I walked up a flight of stairs next to you, my secret would be out. I am extremely out of shape!! Here's the story of my brush with death:

This week, Tyler was sweet enough to switch his Gold's Gym pass over to my name. He wasn't using it and it is paid for until next August, so I figured I may as well use it and try to get back in shape. It was a really busy week and I never ended up going to the gym until Saturday-- yesterday. I went to a spinning class with my friend Tchelsey from work. We went to an "Intro Cycle" class to be safe, since neither of us had done it before and we both were super-intimidated. I found that I had EVERY reason to be terrified-- it was crazy hard! I felt good about stopping after 3 minutes, but no. The pain continued. I pedaled through mud with all of my strengh, turned down the resistance when the teacher wasn't looking, and took water breaks every 5 seconds (which is a joke, but the way-- you never really get off the bike, you just get to take your hands off the bars and drink sitting up). I even threw up the NutriGrain bar I had for breakfast (I just discovered those this week... wow they're good)!

But, I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself for going. And for not running out in tears. And for not being super-sore today! Well, not in my legs, at least. The sorest part of me is my rear-end... somebody should really invest in more comfortable seats!!

1 comment:

Ben and Charlotte said...

You are so awesome!! And I'm pretty sure that a lot of other people were feeling the same way. And the legs comment about the girl on White Christmas. Seriously... it's creepy. I think everyone has that thought when they watch white Christmas. For me it is more the waist. I wonder where all her organs are placed.