Sunday, November 29, 2009

So for tonight, be thankful

What a great Thanksgiving break we had! It all started Tuesday. I got off work early and picked Tyler up from class. We drove straight down to Spring City to have an early Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. It was so fun to see everyone! We ate tons and had a great time visiting. We spent the night there in Spring City and then drove up with my family the next morning. We went to Salt Lake and saw Kim and Caleb's apartment. It's so cute! We said goodbye to the Westons and Bakers and went to Welfare Square and took a tour. Exciting, I know! It actually was really cool. We made our way back down south to meet up with Tyler's family. We went and saw "The Blindside" that night with the Juergens and Wright families. It was a great movie! Seriously, one of those feel-good, clean, want to be better type of movies. I definitely recommend it. It might have my vote for best movie of the year.

Thursday (Thanksgiving!!) the boys went to Salt Lake to play football. I went up to Aunt Sheila's house in Salt Lake with the Juergens girls, Aunt Dana, and Gabby. The rest of the day was filled with food, football, and family fun! That's a lot of F's. :) We really did have a great time though. We ended up at the Wright's house that night, playing Charades and laughing constantly until the wee hours of the morning.

Friday we ate breakfast at Magleby's Fresh (can you say all-you-can-eat french toast? It was amazing-- and I think I could drink their syrup). After stuffing ourselves to the max (again... you'd think after two Thanksgiving dinners we would be through stuffing ourselves) we went to Kiwanis Park and played tennis with Austin and Giselle! It was SO much fun. We hadn't played tennis in too long! We loved playing with Austin and Giselle too-- they're awesome. After playing, we came home and showered, then joined the Juergens fam at FatCats for some bowling! Another thing we hadn't done in a while. My family came by the alley to say goodbye, and then left to drive back down to Texas. :( It's always sad to see family go. After bowling, Tyler and I went to the mall and had probably one of the least successful shopping trips. EVER. You'd think that it wouldn't be so bad on Black Friday, but it was! Oh well. Serves us right for not going to Park City. We met back at Aunt Dana's for dinner (she made her chili, which is for sure my favorite meal of hers! yum) and then went to the BYU b-ball game. We sat with Garrett, Mitchell, and Andrew (and randomly sat behind my Lewis cousins-- total coincidence!) and were "obnoxious fans" and had so much fun. Luckily, they won. :) We celebrated at the Malt Shoppe afterward and then chatted at the Wright's again. They were so sweet for letting us bombard their house this week! We love being with them.

Saturday we played tennis with Austin and Giselle again! So much fun. After a match, we decided to switch up teams and play boys vs. girls. Giselle and I both played in high school and we didn't think it would be a problem, but they won! They beat us in a tiebreaker in the first set. We didn't play a second because we were so tired! I am still so embarrassed. :) In the afternoon I got lots done-- some Christmas shopping, laundry, and a little bit of cleaning. I got a Christmas tree at Bed, Bath, and Beyond that is going to look so cute in our little apartment! It's only 5 feet tall, so nothing huge, but it will be nice. We met the fam at Jason's Deli after they got out of the football game (by the way-- SO proud of the football team! Way to go Cougs!!), and I really think I had the best chili I'd ever tasted. I'm definitely going back! It was seriously amazing. We went back the Wright's and watched "CNN Heroes" until the Juergens fam had to leave for Salt Lake. They flew out this morning, so we said goodbye! We loved being with family so much. What a blessing they are in our lives.

Today's been a nice, relaxing day. I spent the morning sleeping in and reading. Church was really good-- we learned about the Church's new familysearch website! I'm so excited to try it out. We spent the evening doing Tyler's home teaching and eating-- do we ever stop?!? We haven't yet! I even made cookies tonight and I can't stop eating them. I'm currently watching White Christmas, waiting for Tyler to finish his reading so we can put up our Christmas tree! I love Thanksgiving, but Christmas is what I look forward to most! I seriously get giddy like a kid. I start listening to Christmas music in October, and it took everything I had to wait to put up the tree until after Thanksgiving! I just love being with family and all the traditions that come with Christmas.

Well, I think it's off to bed for me. Watching White Christmas has me a bit depressed. Not because of homesickness or because of wishing that my life were a musical (which sometimes I do), but because of the size of Vera-Ellen's legs. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!? I'm getting up early tomorrow to work out.

No comments: