Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Another week, another picture dump

Let's be real, nothing really exciting happens to us in January/February. It's a lot of getting through the best we can. I'm okay with that. Makes for not very exciting blog posts, but not everything has to be crazy/exciting to be memorable.


Just some cute Maxness for you. Excuse my post-run frizzy hair.


I finally read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up, and have actually started to apply it! I went from an overstuffed closet, dresser, and built-ins to a clean closet and dresser, with actual empty space on the built-ins. I think eventually I'll put our food storage there and turn our storage room into a guest room/office for Tyler. Anyway, I thought the author's way of folding stuff was ridiculous until I saw my drawer so beautifully organized. I can see everything at a glance and I love it!


We are starting to venture out instead of just riding around our driveway. This attempt to go around the block would have been successful were it not for the inconvenient need for a potty break.


Max got a little curious about Millie's glass slippers. It was hilarious to watch him try to walk.


Not a great picture, but Tyler has been joining us via FaceTime for family scriptures and prayers. The kids love it, and Max gets especially chatty. I'm so thankful Tyler works so hard for us and still makes time for these important things.



I had a 11:45pm-4am shift at the peanut butter cannery. It was really fun and I got to buy a lot of peanut butter, but it is taking me a while to feel caught up on sleep!


We picked up Tyler at the park and ride which is right by Sam's. I did not mind bringing home a pizza!


On Saturday we visited Gigi and Poppy and then Monka and Ampa came over for a few minutes. So fun to have everyone close, especially when we are trying to keep busy on weekends without Tyler.


4 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

I love the folding method! Have been using it for 6 months now! But I will admit I don't say thank you to my clothes everyday....haha

Lindsay said...

Are you kidding me with that all-night peanut butter shift? Are there just way too many people to fit them in during the day? That's crazy!!
I'm sorry Tyler's gone so dang much--that stinks. It changes the dynamics in a home so much. You're so tough though and I know you always handle it well--much better than I would. Can't wait till we are closer and you can come sleep at my house on all the weekends he's gone :).
p.s. I have got to read that tidying up book!!

Charity said...

I've been reading that book too! I had to laugh at the talking to my clothes though :) you are a trooper while having your hubby gone- hard but you are awesome!

Kimberly said...

I want to read that book! Your drawer looks so tidy. I didn't know til chatting today that Tyler was working THAT much! You don't even complain and you handle it so gracefully! Love how you keep up on recording the little things.