Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pregnancy update

This post is really just a series of embarrassing selfies. Oh well.

I love looking at pictures from previous pregnancies to compare. Maybe because it gives me an opportunity to show myself that pregnancy does end! So below is pregnancy 1 at 23 weeks, pregnancy 2 at 23 weeks, and pregnancy 3 at 24 weeks. It really is true that the body just remembers what to do and gets bigger each time! Lovely!



Above is pregnancy 2 at 30 weeks, below is pregnancy 3 at almost 31 weeks. 


This time around I have been so much better about exercising! And I have come to need it so much. I work out 5-6 times a week, usually 6. I've been walking 3 days a week (usually about 2-2.5 miles) and strength training the other 3 days. It's amazing to me that it really does help keep the normal aches and pains of pregnancy at bay. I've never really done it with less weight gain in mind, I don't think it has made a difference at all in that regard haha! But I don't even care. My back pain hasn't been nearly as bad on the days when I exercise, especially on the days I do weight training. I also just feel so much better emotionally. There were a few days in a row recently where I didn't do anything, and by the 2nd day I was a total weepy hormonal mess! But I noticed the connection and have been super consistent since then. I'm not sure if it's the endorphins or my needing to feel like my body is strong or just checking something off my list, but it really helps so much. Hopefully I can keep it up all the way to the end. We're finally getting close!

1 comment:

Kerri Andersen said...

cami! Im so impressed that you've worked out consistently. That is no easy feat so good for you!! Really glad its helping you feel better too! You need to share what kind of workouts you are doing. I always struglle to find workouts that are pregnancy appropriate.