Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tug-of-war

I found a job! Last Thursday, I was offered a temp job at a realty company. I accepted the job, and said I'd be in the next day. A few hours later, I got a call from the job I wanted most out of all the places I applied, offering me the job! I would start tomorrow. Uh... ooops! So I called the realty company, and apologized. I couldn't pass up something permanent for something temporary, even if it paid better. Oh well! So now I work at AMP Alarm as a receptionist. It's great! This is my first real week, and things are always better after time. It has taken a few days to feel like I somewhat know where things are, people's names, and what all my responsibilities are. But we are so grateful that I finally have a job! We finally have income! :)

Poor Tyler is totally inundated (I think that's how it is spelled...) with homework. He has gone to bed past 1:00 am for the past two nights! On the other end, I have been thoroughly, but guiltily (haha is that even a word?) enjoying my 8+ hours of sleep-- going to bed around 10:30 and waking up around 7:00. I should probably get up at 6 and exercise or something... nah. One thing that I do worry about is my lack of motivation to do wifely things. I get up in the morning, get ready for the day, make Tyler's breakfast and pack him a lunch, and then take him to school. Then I come home and finish getting ready, eat my breakfast, and go to work. Once I get off work at 6, sometimes I go to pick Ty up, and sometimes I go home and wait for him to call. Either way, my motivation to cook a yummy dinner or to clean is quickly disappearing. After a long day of work, the last thing I want to do is roll up my sleeves and play Betty Crocker. Instead, I want to put on my sweats and curl up in a ball on Tyler's lap and sleep. I'm understanding more and more why the Prophets have counseled mothers to stay at home with their children. I can't imagine doing kids AND a career! I felt so guilty last night as Tyler and I sat on the couch (not even at the table!!) eating our microwave-heated chimichungas that I felt like crying. Maybe I'll go get a cookbook on Crockpot meals or something....

2 comments:

Lindsay and Kenny Weston said...

Oh lippy don't feel bad about that. At least not until after it's over like me haha. We did the frozen chimichangas (and other such meals) for the first 2 and a half years of our marriage and we survived, and so did our kids. So you'll be okay! I love your honeymoon pics by the way. I am in love with your white skirt and cute mexi sandals and bracelet. glad you guys had so much fun!!

Ben and Charlotte said...

Hey Camille! Totally agree with Lindsay's comment. Plus, if Tyler is anything like Ben, he really likes a chimichanga. You're awesome!