Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So long, sweet summer

Isn't that a good song? When I woke up to take Tyler to school this morning, the air was so crisp, and I could feel fall coming on. There goes my shorts, flip flops, pony tails, sunblock, and pool time.

It was a good summer. I never quite found a stable job, but I stayed plenty busy between swimming lessons, babysitting, tennis camps, helping out at home, planning the wedding, and spending time with Tyler. I worked out a lot and loved the time I was able to spend with my family and Tyler's family.

Transition from summer to fall: WEDDING!, honeymoon, setting up house, finding a job, etc. In fact, today I went down to the DMV and got my new license with Juergens as my last name. How awesome is that? New haircut, new name, new official documents, new apartment... goodness-- I feel like a new woman! Hopefully the finding a job part will end soon. I have an interview today and another one tomorrow, so maybe something good will come!

Fall! Bring on the changing leaves, crisp air, autumn colors, sweaters, hiking, and football games. I was in Michael's the other day, and I saw the cutest fall decorations. I think I'm going to go back today and get something to put on our oh-so-bare front door. I swear-- I'm becoming more and more like my mom with every passing day. And I love it. :)

So farewell, summer. You've been good to me, but fall's coming, and I can't pass that up. Is it possible to become happier and happier every day? It must be... because I am.

1 comment:

Elise said...

You have the most cheerful blog I know of! I love it :).