Monday, January 12, 2015

26 things to do while I'm 26

I had a birthday! It was a rather uneventful day as far as typical birthdays go, but that's how I wanted it. I felt kind of celebrated out, if that's a thing. I'm thinking maybe I should start celebrating my half birthday instead. But I did get to go grocery by myself, so hooray for that! I took a "I'm in the car alone" selfie to remember the moment.


 Later we had fun playing games with the Juergens crew, including McKenna's family that came to town for their open house. Wits and Wagers is so fun!


Anyway, on to the real reason for this post. I love setting goals and I've been a little experimental in how I do it in the last few years. This year, I decided to embrace my love for to-do lists and come up with 26 things to do while I'm 26. Some are small and silly, others large and important! Hopefully there's a good enough balance and I'll be able to get them all done.

26 THINGS TO DO WHILE I'M 26

1. Go to the Houston Zoo
2. Blue Bell Fun Run (I'm still debating - 5k or 10k??)
3. Decorate the Master bedroom
4. Learn a new skill or hobby - maybe take a class
5. Host a party
6. Read the Book of Mormon
7. Sew 4 items of clothing
8. Go to the beach
9. Complete our 72-hr kits
10. Read _________
11. Read _________
12. Read _________
13. Read _________
14. Read _________
15. Study Preach My Gospel
16. Go to the temple 12 times
17. Try yoga
18. Make or makeover 1 piece of furniture
19. Make fish at home (this is a big one for me)
20. Have 12 dates with Tyler
21. Go to a concert or a play
22. Go somewhere I've never been
23. Print both Millie's and Max's baby books
24. Get the Honor Bee award and buy a new YW medallion
25. Go at least one month without sugar
26. Decorate the living room

It'll be a great year!

3 comments:

Britt Hanson said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a good day :)

Barbaloot said...

Happy Birthday. If you need tips on books to read-- I always have good ones:)

The Freeman Family said...

HappyBirthdayCam!Mycomputerisn'tlettingmespace.haha.sorry.justhadtotellyouhowamazing you are.loveyourlist.isn'titgreattogetoutsometimes? OK. Now it's letting me.