Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I have a confession

I've never been a huge TV person, but I do like my shows. Recently, however, I turn on the TV whenever I'm doing anything that doesn't require my full attention. Which, let's be honest, is anytime after I get home from work. I fold laundry, write thank-you cards, cook dinner, do dishes, make tomorrow's lunch, and clean with my shows on... and I've come to love a few shows. Here are some of my favorites, in order of favoritism:

-The Biggest Loser (it's on tonight!! So excited)

-The Office (I think I love this show the same as Biggest Loser, but I've always loved it, so I'm not as excited about it as I currently am with Biggest Loser)

-30 Rock. Why do I find this show so amusing?

-Community and Parks and Recreation. They are both on sometime before the Office, and since I can never remember when the office is, I always end up watching one or both of these haha

-Dancing with the Stars. I never watch the results show because it's not as exciting, but I love to watch ballroom dance!

-America's Next Top Model. Okay, I'll admit that this is the stupidest show. EVER. It's just so fascinating to me to see what everyone thinks beauty is, and I like looking at the crazy pictures they take. So sue me!

-Glee. This is definitely my other guilty pleasure show. I don't follow it religiously the way I do Biggest Loser or Office, but I'm never disappointed when my Wednesday nights are free.

And there you have it. This is what I entertain myself with as Tyler does homework and I do stuff around the house... but don't go thinking that I am a couch potato. The cleaning, cooking, writing, and everything else definitely gets done! Plus, I've been reading a lot recently. I finally finished "God Wants a More Powerful People" by Sheri Dew (I definitely recommend it) and I read "Animal Farm" over the weekend. So no, my brain is not turning to mush! But I may or may not be getting fat and out of shape... don't tell. I was thinking today and trying to calculate how much a Rec Center membership would cost. I'd love to take a Zumba class, or a spinning class, or something to keep me in shape... we'll see.

No comments: