Friday, October 30, 2009

Booo

That's about as much Halloween excitement as you're going to get out of me. I have spent all week trying to care about this Halloween, but I just can't. There are too many reasons that make me not look forward to this holiday:

-The massive amounts of sugar/junk food. I don't need one more reason to justify pigging out... I have enough. :)

-Dressing up. This is fun when you have a brilliant idea and tons of money to spend on a costume, but for the rest of us, it's lame. I had the awesome idea this year to be a Deal or No Deal model, with a little case that had the $1,000,000 sign in it. But they all wear skanky outfits and I couldn't think of something that was modest but that would work. So here I am at work, dressed as a cowgirl. Hey-- at least I am participating.

-Scary stuff. I HATE scary stuff. I had a nightmare a few nights ago from a commercial for a scary movie. I definitely can't handle murder movies and spooky stories. No thank you.

-Dirty stuff. I can't tell you how many girls I saw at Wal-Mart last night who obviously use Halloween to dress as scantily as they want without consequences. Halloween doesn't need to be naughty!

As bad as this all sounds, there are a few good things about this holiday:

-Pumpkin with Oreo shakes at Arctic Circle. They only come around Halloween, and that is something I always look forward to.

-Carving pumpkins. We haven't yet this year-- they're still sitting on our porch right now, but rest assured they will be carved.

-Seeing people at work in a different situation. Today everyone is supposed to dress up... only one person other than me has so far, but I'm sure that more will! If not, I'll just give myself the $50 prize for best costume. HA.

Tyler's second round of tests is next week, so he'll be studying all weekend. Hopefully he can spare a few hours so we can do something fun... at least carve our pumpkins! If not, it will be a good chance to rest from this exhausting week. My throat is starting to hurt, and if I get swine flu, the 5 people at work who have had it so far are going down.

No comments: