Monday, May 26, 2014

Blast from the past


Recently, a little strip of shops opened up across the street from our neighborhood. We watched closely to see what would be there as each business came in- an insurance company, a dentist, a donut shop, Subway, and a Smoothie King, among others. The most unexpected place was a dojo- Young Brothers Tae Kwon Do, to be exact. My neighbor texted me recently and said she had talked to her son's instructor there and he knew Tyler! Sure enough, it was Tyler's Tae Kwon Do instructor growing up, Master McCluskey. We stopped by on Friday to see him and introduce the kids, since we hadn't seen him since our open house right after we got married. He was so sweet and couldn't believe Tyler has two kids. He showed us that he still has the picture of Tyler's group on the wall- it was fun to find Tyler in the group! I wish I could have seen him back in those days. I forgot to get a picture of them together, so I made Tyler smile with Master McCluskey in the background teaching! I loved hearing Master McCluskey go on and on about how great Tyler was at Tae Kwon Do (he is a third degree black belt! Watch out!) and how much he enjoyed having Tyler as a student. Millie loved watching the kids too- maybe Master McCluskey will have the next generation of Juergens in his class!

2 comments:

bethany said...

You learn something new every day. I'll have to tell Zak so he'll be more careful during Bishopric meetings....

bethany said...

P.S. I want to see Millie do tae kwon do. If you enroll her at some point, video it for me :)