Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Max's Blessing

We had planned to have Max's blessing on July 6th but found out a week before that my dad had to go to Utah that weekend, so we quickly made arrangements to have it on June 29th instead! And when I say quickly, I mean calling everyone at 10pm on Saturday and telling them to come to our house the next day. Luckily Garrett, Mitchell, and McKenna had flown in that night. We were so appreciative of everyone being so flexible. I was a little sad at first that it would be so different than Millie's blessing not having it at church, but it turned out to be a really great evening. It was sweet and intimate and the Spirit was so strong in our home. We love Max and are so grateful to have family close by to celebrate him with us.


Max's outfit is called "Tyler" so I had to get it! I was so worried I wouldn't be able to find one big enough, but the internet saved the day. I found this cute romper with a bow tie online in size 6-12 months and it fit him perfectly.


Our bishop (first on the right) was sweet to come also.



4 generations of Juergens men!



Millie had about had it, and I had about had it with her! She was feeling weird with everyone at our house, I guess. She requested to be held the whole night.






We loved meeting McKenna and seeing the boys! Garrett and McKenna are so cute together.


I'll have to take some more pictures of just Max in his outfit. He looked pretty darn handsome! 

We had a fun night with our family. It was so low stress compared to Millie's blessing day. Mom made peanut butter bars and we gobbled them up! I didn't have time to stress about our house being spotless or preparing a big meal or what I looked like or what I was going to wear. But it turned out just dandy! I need to remember this when I start stressing out over unimportant things. Focus on what matters and let go of the rest.

2 comments:

Britt Hanson said...

You guys are such a cute family!!

Samantha Van Noy said...

I think that is the same blessing outfit we got for James! I loooooved it! and I love your skirt too!