Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crunch time

Sometimes I hesitate to talk about or complain about school on this blog because I know that most of you (like, 2 of the 3 people who read this) are done with school. So for you 2 who are done, just let my complaints and comments make you that much more grateful you're not in my boat anymore. :) Good compromise. Today is the LAST day of classes! I was really happy about that yesterday, because my Tuesday/Thursday classes are my least favorite. But my MWF classes are my favorites, so I'll maybe be the teensiest bit sad when those are over.

Finals begin on Saturday... is that strange to anyone else? I don't study on Sundays, so putting a Sunday right in the thick of finals week is a little rude. However, that does mean we get two real reading days, which usually is not the case. Maybe I'll do my Mission Prep final on Sunday so I'm still using that time wisely but not breaking my own rule.

My FIL (everyone calls their mother-in-law MIL, so why can't dads be FILs?) was in town this last weekend. We love it when he's here. I always feel terrible when he stays with us though- sleeping on an air mattress on the floor (or on the couch, as this weekend turned out) cannot be comfortable! I can't wait for when we're in a bigger place with (hopefully) more than one bed so that people can stay with us and be able to walk the next day. Anyway, while he was here we ate lots of good food and went to the Blue vs. White football game. Garrett and Mitchell both got to play quite a bit! It was so fun to watch, despite the miserable weather. The poor Houstonians were shivering and saying things like "I've never been so cold in my life!" I shared their sentiments. But I say this crappy weather is a blessing. If it were nice outside, no way would I be studying as hard as I am for finals! Silver lining, people.

*Note: I have been re-located twice during the writing of this post- both times because of fire alarms! Either today is fire drill day, or we've got a pyromaniac loose on campus. 


Also, I have many things on my list of stuff to make this summer. Thank you, DIY label on Pinterest. And thank you, Mom, for having more than one sewing machine and the patience of Job (I hope)! This, which I found on Pinterest, explains my current situation perfectly.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your post made me laugh - hopefully there isn't a pyro loose on campus! I can tell you that your mom does have the patience of Job because she helps me with or explains quilting stuff to me all the time! Good luck with your finals!