If you know me well, you probably know this about me: I am an extremely impatient person. Particularly when it comes to myself. I only really like to do the things I'm really good at, or really bad at I suppose. If I'm somewhere in the middle and wanting to get better, then I automatically am frustrated by my lack of skill and just get so flustered that continuing to try is only making things worse.
Exhibit A: I am working on a new project. Maybe I won't tell you about it quite yet... until it's good enough that I feel comfortable sharing at least. My husband has much more knowledge in this area (or maybe just more patience to learn it... it's hard to tell the difference right now) and is trying to help me, but I am just not understanding anything! Maybe it makes me want to purchase a punching bag. Closer to probably.
Exhibit B: The piano. Some of you reading this have probably been my piano teachers. I really like to play the piano, but I've never really been any good at it. Well, I'm pretty good once I have learned a song, but I really really stink at sight-reading! So it's hard to learn new songs because it takes me so dumb long. Because of my impatience, you can probably guess that I don't play much anymore.
I thought maybe I should come up with an Exhibit C, but I really don't even have the patience to think of one right now. The point is, I need to change. How else am I supposed to get good at anything?
2 comments:
we must be related...I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!! And with piano too, along with like everything else. What's this "new project"??
cute new look on your blog! And name too!
Post a Comment