I think our neighborhood had a sympathy power-outage for the people in the southeast having horrible tornadoes and stuff. I can't believe what's happening over there! But despite having perfect weather yesterday, our power went out at about 7:30 (I had just put chicken and potatoes in the oven... perfect) and didn't come on again until about 5 THIS MORNING. It's amazing how much we rely on electricity! But we had a fun night despite not being able to do anything we'd planned to do. I pulled the potatoes out after probably 20 minutes of being in the hot-but-cooling-fast oven and we ate those for dinner. They were supposed to be twice baked potatoes, but it was more like one and a half times baked. Oh well, they were still delicious. :) Definitely didn't touch the chicken... I'm a bit afraid of meat as it is. I took a bath in the candlelight while Tyler tried to figure out what was going on. My bath was super relaxing! I didn't mind having to use candles at all. Once Tyler was back (he only found out that the power was out in the whole neighborhood, so we assume it was because of the construction happening on the street) we put the Karate Kid in the laptop and went to bed early. It was nice.
Last night I tried out my new tennis racket for the first time! It was awesome- I love it so much. It's going to take some getting used to, but I think once I learn how to control it (let's just say my racket is a lot stronger than I am- most of my shots were long) it'll be amazing. We're hoping to play again tonight, if the weather cooperates.
So today, I'm thankful for electricity. And for candles to use when the electricity is out. What are you thankful for today, and why?
No comments:
Post a Comment