Monday, April 4, 2011

Starting fresh

Wasn't General Conference amazing? We had a great weekend. I have great memories of Conference, most of them involving food. Cinnamon rolls, scones and peaches, and lots of snack foods accompany my fond feelings for this weekend. So, on Sunday, I decided I'd better keep up with tradition, at least partly. I made a boat-load of scones for the afternoon session and we had Garrett, Mitchell, Austin, and Giselle over to help us eat all of it. G&M stayed for dinner (ugly chicken and rice) and later, after we took them home, we may or may not have baked a chocolate cake just because we wanted some. Go ahead and cue the pig snorting, because that's how we felt after the day was over. Good thing we got to play tennis on Saturday for a few minutes.

Anyway, back from that tangent. Conference was super-inspiring, and it made me think and evaluate myself a ton. My favorite talk was Richard G. Scott's, found here. His remarks made me want to be a better wife and person in general. As I've thought back on it more last night and today, I remembered that I haven't been setting monthly goals for myself. That stinks, because one of my few 2011 goals was to set monthly goals instead of trying to do something unrealistic for a whole year. So, I'm going to start right now. My goals for April are:

-Finish the semester (I know I will at least get one goal accomplished! haha)
-Work out 3x/week- I want to do the half marathon relay in May and need to work up to that
-Go yard sale-ing at least once, and, if successful,
-Re-vamp a piece of furniture for the new apartment (Kelly, you are my inspiration for this)
-Send Jeff and Heidi letters every week (I've been writing, then forgetting to send. So stupid)

So there they are. Is vamp even a word? Anyway, pictures from the weekend to come, featuring G&M opening their mission calls on Friday! So exciting!

No comments: