Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fortunes come true

This was my fortune at P.F. Chang's 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they were talking about finals. They're done! Thanks for the congrats, Phil. *Did you know that's what the P is for in P.F. Chang's?? Very un-Asian name. Anyway, I'm super-relieved to be done. And that will only increase times 20 when Tyler finishes tomorrow!

In my freedom this evening, I went to town on the apartment... it looked pretty bad! But it's much better now. :) After that, I attempted this craft. It did not turn out at all like her pictures. They look more like tulips than cute dainty flowers like Dana's! I'm not sure what I did wrong. Here they are, in all their gingham glory.

At first, I thought it was because I bought the thicker dowels
So I got the thinner ones and tried again... not much better! Now I have a dozen of these weird, not-quite-how-I-wanted-them-to-look flowers on our table. In a clear vase, no less! Exposing my two different sizes of dowels. I was in a picnic-y mood when I got the fabrics for this, but now I feel a little silly. Not sure how I feel about all the gingham. Hopefully the rest of the crafts I have planned for this summer will go better....

No comments: