Monday, October 6, 2014

Catching up

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I want to record our memories. There is so much I want to remember, so many things I want our kids to be able to look back on, and there's just no good way to do it all unless you want it to be a part-time job in and of itself! So in thinking over all the options, I get a little overwhelmed, to the point where I don't record anything at all. And now I'm left to just hastily throw it all here to at least have it somewhere, you know? Anyway. Here it is: some random pictures and stories.


Some of my greatest parenting battles are fought here at the checkout line. Millie wants treats, Max wants to get out of the shopping cart, and I just want to get out of there! Somehow, we always make it out alive.


I had to order a foam pad online (finally turning the coffee table into an ottoman!) and it came looking very much like a packaged bomb.



We have had a few days of awesome weather here and there. Millie got to bounce with Ethan and Jared one day.


The kids and I went to my parent's house for a few days while Tyler was in Utah (more on that later). Mom gave me an old file of some school stuff, pictures, etc. and it was really entertaining to look through it all. 


Those are some pretty selfish ideas of love!! Mom and I decided this was a Mother's Day card and I was writing how she shows me love. Yeah, that has to be it.



Also, the self-portrait of... well, I don't know the word. Terribleness, I guess. I was crying from laughter.


Millie has a little play group once a week. We rotate houses and it's great! I hosted the 2nd week and the kids played well together.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness Cam that self portrait is hilarious!!!! WOW I love it. And I feel the exact same way about recording memories. I realized the other day I was actually feeling hesitant to go make more memories cause then I'd feel more behind in recording them! haha Then I realized I'd really missed the mark. :) It is overwhelming but you're doing a great job keeping up with your blog.