Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Baby boy!

Last week we found out we are having a boy!!! I have been feeling like this pregnancy is similar to my pregnancy with Max, apparently for good reason. We are so excited!! 

The first two pictures below were taken one day apart (both just before working out). Funny how growth is not linear! It's also funny how I can feel so  amazed at and proud of my body for successfully growing healthy humans while simultaneously wanting to hide under a potato sack while it all occurs. Feeling very matronly, not in a good way most of the time.



A friend of mine randomly asked if she could bring me some maternity clothes. When I got home I was totally floored!! Such cute clothes and definitely a boost I needed. People are so so kind.


The ultrasound at my last appt went well. Baby is measuring over a week ahead and has a large noggin. Very much like Max. The doctor said she wants me to have an ultrasound every 4-6 weeks to check on growth because of my thyroid issues. Not sure growth is going to be a problem when the baby is obviously growing fine so far, but I don't mind seeing the baby a few more times!

Tyler and I decided to not find out the gender at the ultrasound, but to wait and find out with the kids! It was so hard to look away when the info was so easily accessible. But we did it, and the techs wrote it down on a piece of paper and then ensured we wouldn't see through it! Haha


Tyler then took that paper to Sprinkles Cupcakes, where they boxed up the appropriate cupcakes. That night the kids and I were in Beaumont, and it was so hard for all of us to wait to find out!! But the anticipation is so fun too.


Millie drew a cute pic of her, Max, and the baby.


And on the other side she drew a cupcake with pink on the inside (her guess) and her fingers poking around. Pretty darn cute.


We finally all made it home Friday evening, hurried through dinner, and then it was cupcake time!!



Hard to see in the pic but we found blue! 


I made a video of everyone's reactions, but I can't figure out how to put the link in here using my phone. 

So I'm 21 weeks now. Ever since learning we're having a boy, I've felt like a crazy nesting person! I don't remember doing that with either previous pregnancy, so it's kind of funny to me. But we definitely have some arranging to do before the baby is born, and I'm trying to not worry too much about having it all done right this second. One step at a time! 

I'm mostly feeling great. I still have random, infrequent waves of nausea and dry heaving, but for the most part that is gone, for which I'm so so grateful. I keep joking that I've entered the "bottomless pit" portion of the pregnancy - I can't stop eating!! My energy is back too, thank goodness. I have felt more weak in general this time, not really sure why. This guy just seems to be taking more out of me. I still have some insomnia, and usually wake up for a couple hours a night. In fact, this post is coming to you from 4am! What a party. This means I'm often unconscious by 9pm, so I'm just loads of fun these days haha. 

We can't wait to meet baby boy Juergens in November!!

No comments: